Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.If you are using home-made puff pastry, roll it out thinly (1-2 mm or 1/8 inch) into a large rectangle and cut into 2 equal pieces.
If you are using ready-rolled pastry, as in the photo, cut the circle into 2 equal halves.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Lay the other half on top.
- 1 hourFold the cooking parchment over the pastry, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (this can also be done the day before).
- 1 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Use a brush to glaze the top of the pastry with beaten egg.
- 10 min.Cut into long, thin strips, then twist them and lay on a baking sheet (though you can leave them flat if you prefer).
- 20 min.Bake for about 20 minutes until nicely browned and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Serve warm or cold.
Remarks:The tapenade gives these twists quite a strong flavour, but for a bit of extra punch, pepper them generously after glazing.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ham spirals, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Leek and fresh tuna tart, How to cook caramelized puff pastry well, Caramelised apple pie, ... [All]
- Tapenade: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Multicoloured cucumber-tomato salad, ... [All]
- Beaten egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Dublin fruit scones, Chicken pie, Chestnut moelleux, Flaky brownie brioche, ... [All]