Vegetable rosette tart
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
156K3.9 October 6th 2010
For 1 tart, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|59 min.||53 min.||1 hour 52 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prick the centre of 200 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), line a tart tin or mould and put to wait in the fridge.
- 2: Prepare 4 carrots.
Scrub 3 courgettes, then cut off the ends.
- 3: Slice the carrots thinly lengthways, using a vegetable peeler or preferably a mandolin if possible.
- 4: Do the same with the courgettes.
- 5: Peel 1 onion, and cut into small pieces.
- 6: Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. When boiling, tip in the carrots and count one minute of cooking time from when the water comes back to the boil.
- 7: Remove the carrots and plunge into cold water.
- 8: Then drain thoroughly (using a salad spinner works well), then leave to dry on a cloth or absorbant paper.
- 9: Do the same with the courgettes, using the cooking water from the carrots.
- 10: Preheat the oven to 210°C (420°F).
Assemble the tart: arrange the vegetables in rings, alternating rings of carrots and courgettes ...
- 11: ...until you have filled the whole tart.
- 12: Prepare the filling: blend 200 ml liquid cream, 200 g feta, the chopped onion, salt and pepper together.
- 13: Pour over the tart, then cook in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- 14: This tart can be eaten warm or cold. For a cold meal, try accompanying it with a green salad and a good vinaigrette dressing.
The vegetables can be prepared several days in advance and kept refrigerated in a sealed container. The feta filling, on the other hand, should be prepared at the last minute.
July 3rd 2022.