Old style brioche
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 brioche, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|12 hours 36 min.||1 hour||30 min.||14 hours 6 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: In the bowl of a mixer or a mixing bowl, put 100 g caster sugar, 10 g Vanilla sugar, 9 g fine (or table) salt and 2 tablespoons milk.
- 2: Pour 500 g flour, 20 g yeast, and 75 g leaven on top.
- 3: Start the mixer, or start to knead with your hands.
- 4: Add 4 eggs immediately, knead for 5 minutes until you get a completely smooth dough.
- 5: Stop kneading, then add 250 g butter cut into small pieces (butter at room temperature) or grated with a cheese grater (butter straight from the freezer).
- 6: Start to knead again until you get a homogeneous dough (approximately 10/15 minutes).
- 7: Put the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic film, and refrigerate overnight.
- 8: Next day, make balls of dough, at the same time you can mix in raisins, chocolate chips, small pieces of sugar, etc...
Then cover with a plastic sheet, and leave to rise at room temperature until they double in volume (approximately two hours).
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F
Glaze the top of the dough.
- 9: Cut crosses in the top of the balls and put in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
February 29th 2020.