Little lemon biscuits
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
53K4.6 September 14th 2014
For 30 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|17 min.||1 hour||25 min.||1 hour 42 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Put into a food-processor bowl: 300 g flour, 11 g baking powder*, 130 g butter, 120 g brown sugar, 50 g caster sugar, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk and 1 pinch fine (or table) salt.
Add the zest of 1 lemon.
*Beware! This amount is for French baking powder, which is twice as strong as British! If you are using British baking powder, use 22g.
- 2: Knead in slow speed until the dough is thoroughly mixed.
- 3: Roll the dough into a cylinder and wrap in plastic film. Leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- 4: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Slice the roll of dough fairly thinly. You can leave the slices in their rather squashed shape (like in the photos), or push them back into circles with your fingers.
- 5: Bake until the biscuits are golden (about 20-30 minutes).
You can vary the flavour of these biscuits by using different citrus zest (orange, grapefruit, etc.).
September 27th 2021.