A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 kg, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|37 min.||5 min.||22 min.||1 hour 4 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Wash 1 kg mussels.
- 2: Chop 1 onion. Tie 1 bunch parsley up into a small bundle.
- 3: Melt 50 g butter in a large pan.
When the butter is melted, add the onions and the bunch of parsley, salt a bit (mussels juice is coming) and pepper generously, then leave to cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 4: Pour in 500 ml dry white wine and bring to the boil.
- 5: Tip in the mussels, stir briefly, pepper generously and cover.
Leave to cook covered for a minute or two, then remove the lid and take out all the mussels that have opened, using an araignée (spider) or a skimmer, as they are already cooked.
Repeat this operation until all the mussels are cooked.
- 6: Carry on removing the mussels like this. Any that have not opened after five minutes are no good and should be discarded.
Cover the cooked mussels with a sheet of aluminium foil to keep them hot.
- 7: Turn up the heat under the pan and reduce the cooking juices by half.
- 8: Pass them through a fine sieve, leaving a little in the bottom of the pan, as this always contains some sand.
- 9: Pour the reduced juices boiling hot over the mussels...
- 10: ...and serve immediately.
You can vary the flavour of the mussels by adding to the pan at the stage of reducing the cooking juices: cream, cream with a little roquefort, curry powder, etc.
September 24th 2020.