Summer Salmon Blanquette
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|43 min.||16 min.||59 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 350 g fresh salmon into chunks (use fillet and remove any skin, fat and bones).
- 2: Shell the broad beans, plunge into boiling water for 3 minutes, then peel.
- 3: Peel 200 g mushrooms and chop fairly small.
- 4: Prepare and chop 1 onion (this is a spring onion in the photo, as they are in season).
- 5: Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on medium heat.
When hot, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and fry until lightly browned.
- 6: Then add the chopped onion and a little more olive oil if necesssary.
Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 7: Add 100 ml dry white wine...
- 8: ...and leave to reduce by 3/4.
- 9: Meanwhile, put a non-stick frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the salmon chunks.
- 10: Fry rapidly on all sides. It doesn't matter if they are not cooked through, they just need to be browned.
- 11: Pour 250 ml liquid cream into the suacepan, then add the salmon and broad beans.
Leave uncovered on low heat to thicken.
- 12: Your salmon blanquette is ready. Serve with pasta or pilau rice, for example.
You can use any other fish you prefer instead: cod, tuna, etc.
May 27th 2020.