Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Cut 350 g fresh salmon into chunks (use fillet and remove any skin, fat and bones).
- 10 min.Shell the broad beans, plunge into boiling water for 3 minutes, then peel.
- 10 min.Peel 200 g mushrooms and chop fairly small.
- 4 min.
- 3 min.Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on medium heat.
When hot, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and fry until lightly browned.
- 3 min.Then add the chopped onion and a little more olive oil if necesssary.
Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 1 min.Add 100 ml dry white wine...
- 7 min....and leave to reduce by 3/4.
- 1 min.Meanwhile, put a non-stick frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the salmon chunks.
- 3 min.Fry rapidly on all sides. It doesn't matter if they are not cooked through, they just need to be browned.
- 7 min.Pour 250 ml liquid cream into the suacepan, then add the salmon and broad beans.
Leave uncovered on low heat to thicken.
- Your salmon blanquette is ready. Serve with pasta or pilau rice, for example.
Remarks:You can use any other fish you prefer instead: cod, tuna, etc.
Source:A recipe from a magazine.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broad beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Broad bean salad with Parmesan, Vegetable pie, Salade Niçoise, Rabbit with mustard, ... [All]
- Fresh salmon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon marinated like herring, Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, Salmon with sorrel, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple and almond gratin, Ham pasta bake, Artichoke hearts forestier , Crème de foie gras, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, ... [All]