Coconut "croute à thé"
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
9,5665 August 29th 2021
For 1 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|22 min.||30 min.||52 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Roll out 200 g Coconut sweetcrust pastry and line your chosen tin or mould ( rectangular here).
Leave the spare pastry overhanging the edges and put to wait in the fridge.
- 2: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Put 130 g icing sugar and 130 g dessicated coconut in a large bowl and mix with a whisk.
- 3: Add 60 g egg white and mix with a spoon. The mixture should be fairly thick.
- 4: Take the pastry case out of the fridge and trim around the edge.
- 5: Prick all over the base with a fork or pastry pricker.
- 6: Fill with a thick layer of the coconut mixture, ensuring it is even and level.
- 7: Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 8: Leave to cool on a wire rack. Finish the cold cake with a dusting of icing sugar.
The quantity of egg white is fairly flexible: feel free to add a little more or a little less to give the right texture to the filling mixture.
June 9th 2023.