Duet of creamed cauliflower and cabbage
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
4,224 July 4th 2021
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|33 min.||19 min.||52 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 400 g cauliflower and cook in boiling salted water until just tender.
Drain (but keep the cooking water) and set aside.
- 2: Prepare 400 g green cabbage and shred.
- 3: Cook in the water kept from the cauliflower.
- 4: Finely slice 1 spring onion (scallion).
- 5: Melt 20 g butter in a large pan on medium heat. When good and hot, add the spring onion.
Salt and pepper, then cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 6: Pour 200 ml liquid cream into the pan. Salt and pepper again, then bring to the boil.
Leave to reduce by about half.
- 7: Add the cauliflower and cabbage...
- 8: ...and mix well.
Leave to heat through for 2 or 3 minutes before serving.
- 9: Serve on its own or to accompany meat, for example.
If you don't have a spring onion, use a shallot or small normal onion.
For the cabbage, you can use whatever grows locally: white, green, Savoy, or even Chinese leaves.
September 25th 2021.