Pumpkin and red-bean tortillas
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
14K5 April 4th 2021
For 6 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|26 min.||30 min.||56 min.|
Step by step recipe
The vegetable fillingPreheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Cut 300 g potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) into small pieces and put in a bowl.
- 2: Prepare 1 onion, chop finely and add to the bowl.
- 3: Add 6 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon chilli spices and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix well.
- 4: Lay a sheet of cooking parchment on a baking sheet and spread the mixture over this in an even layer, not too thickly.
- 5: Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the potimarron is soft.
Leave to cool.
- 6: Using the same bowl, no need to wash it, tip in the 400 g tinned red kidney beans (already cooked).
- 7: Add the pumpkin and mix well.
Cooking the tortillasPour a spoonful of olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat. When hot, put in a tortilla.
- 9: Spread vegetable filling over half the tortilla, add some mozarella, cut into small pieces...
- 10: ...and fold the tortilla over.
Leave to heat through gently and melt the cheese.
- 11: Serve without delay, and make the other tortillas the same way.
Using the same idea, you can vary your tortilla filling with different vegetables, cheese, spices, etc.
June 9th 2023.