Lille style chicken
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|48 min.||17 min.||1 hour 5 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 250 g button or field mushrooms: cut off and discard stalks, then peel caps.
- 2: Slice.
- 3: Put in a bowl and sprinkle with juice of ½ lemon.
- 4: Put a frying-pan over high heat, pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 5: As soon as oil is smoking lightly, add mushrooms without salt, and cook for 2 minutes while stirring, or if you know how to, "faites sauter".
- 6: After 2 minutes, remove from heat, salt, pepper, and pour into a strainer.
Leave to drain.
- 7: Meanwhile, cut 4 chicken breasts into pieces.
- 8: Put a frying-pan (notnon-stick) on medium heat, and pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- 9: As soon as it sizzles, add chicken pieces.
- 10: Cook on all sides, stirring occasionally.
Heat serving plates.
- 11: When chicken pieces are golden brown, add 200 ml cream.
- 12: Then déglaze: this means scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula to incorporate all the delicious cooking juices with the cream .
Then allow to thicken over low heat.
- 13: When sauce is thick enough (to your taste), add mushrooms, mix well. Cook a further one or two minutes and check seasoning.
- 14: Pour onto hot serving plates, and serve immediately.
For complete success, chicken should be cooked in an old style (not non-stick) pan. Othewise after cooking the chicken, you will not get the tasty juices left on the bottom. The ideal pan is a stainless steel one.
January 16th 2021.