A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 25 Amiens macaroons, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|24 min.||25 min.||49 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Put 250 g ground almonds, 240 g icing sugar and 10 g Vanilla sugar into a mixing bowl. Mix well with a whisk.
- 2: Add 110 g egg white and 35 g Stewed apple (compote)...
- 3: ...and mix thoroughly.
- 4: Place small heaps of the mixture on a non-stick baking sheet (this is important as the macaroons tend to stick).
Do not place the heaps too close together as the mixture will spread a little during cooking.
- 5: If possible, spray the tops with a little water as this helps them to turn a nice golden brown as they cook.
- 6: Bake for about 25 minutes, watching for colouration.: the macaroons should stay fairly pale, but with a golden brown edge.
Unstick the macaroons from the baking sheet while still hot, as this is easier, and leave to cool on a wire rack.
April 19th 2021.