A recipe from cooking-ez.com
51K4.6 September 10th 2018
For 1 cochelin, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|32 min.||1 hour||30 min.||2 hours 2 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel 500 g apple, cut into chunks and mix with 150 g Stewed apple (compote) and 20 g Vanilla sugar.
- 2: Roll out 150 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée) into a circle, mark the centre line (to know where the fold will be) and prick over half the surface.
- 3: Spread the apple filling over the pricked half of the pastry, leaving 1cm (1/2 inch) free around the edge.
- 4: Moisten the edge of the pastry with a brush.
- 5: And fold the pastry over to form the cochelin.
- 6: Fold the edge inwards to seal and give a decorative finish.
- 7: Glaze the cochelin.
- 8: You can add decorative cuts on the top with the point of a knife if you wish.
- 9: Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 10: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Bake the cochelin for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve either warm or cold.
This is best made with slightly tart apples, such as reine des reinettes.
September 20th 2021.