Lemon and lime cakes
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 3 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|39 min.||20 min.||45 min.||1 hour 44 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Put 150 g caster sugar into a mixer bowl.
Grate the zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime into the bowl and mix well.
Note: for maximum flavour, this mixture can be prepared the day before and left in the fridge overnight, covered with plastic film.
- 2: Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
Sieve together 200 g flour and 3 g baking powder, then add 3 g salt.
- 3: Start the mixer to whisk together the sugar and zest, mix well.
Gradually add 150 g egg after lightly beating with a whisk.
- 4: Increase the mixer speed and leave the mixture to cream and aerate.
- 5: Gradually add 50 g liquid cream and 10 g rum...
- 6: ...then 90 g Noisette butter.
- 7: Finish by gently folding in the flour+baking powder+salt mixture a little at a time with a soft spatula.
- 8: Divide the cake batter between small tins or moulds about 5 x 2 x 2 inches (12 x 6 x 6 cm).
- 9: Bake for about 45 minutes.
- 10: Soak the cakes with 150 ml Citrus syrup while they are still hot.
- 11: LEave to finish cooling on a wire rack.
It is easier to leave the cakes in their tins or moulds while adding the syrup. This also allows the syrup to soak in more effectively.
February 24th 2020.