A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 60 madeleines, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|24 min.||1 hour||15 min.||1 hour 39 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Sieve 200 g icing sugar and 100 g flour into a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- 2: Add 200 g egg white and whisk in.
- 3: Add 100 g Pistachio powder or paste and mix again.
- 4: Pour 200 g Noisette butter into the mixture...
- 5: ...and mix thoroughly.
- 6: Pour the mixture into madeleine moulds and leave to rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
- 7: Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and bake the madeleines for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Use pistachio paste rather than powder, if possible, as the smooth texture helps it to mix easily into the madeleine batter.
These proportions are to make a set number of small madeleines. It will make half the quantity of large madeleines: 60 small madeleines = 30 large.
May 31th 2020.