Strawberries with mint and cream
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 people, you will need:
|1 hour 30 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 250 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), but leave 1 handful fresh mint leaves in the hot milk to infuse for 15 minutes.
- 2: Then proceed as usual for confectioner's custard (French pastry cream).
You can add 3 drops food colouring (green) when cold.
- 3: Wash 250 g strawberries, add 2 tablespoons Vanilla sugar, juice of ½ lemon and mix well.
- 4: Prepare 250 g Chantilly cream.
- 5: Start to assemble dessert: in a glass put a layer of mint custard about 0.5 inch thick.
- 6: Add a layer of strawberries, at least twice as deep.
- 7: Finish with a layer of whipped cream.
- 8: Decorate with mint leaves and a small biscuit or cookie.
Serve without delay.
If you finish early, leave in the fridge, but for not more than half an hour.
You can lighten the custard a little by gently folding into it ¼ of the whipped cream.
If you want to prepare in advance, make confectioner's custard the day before, but cut strawberries and whip cream at the last minute.
Tip for better keeping: the whipped cream layer should completely cover stramberries to protect from air and prevent oxydation.
July 11th 2020.