A recipe from cooking-ez.com
19K4.4 December 30th 2019
For 1 tart, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|42 min.||48 min.||1 hour 30 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel 4 apples and cut into sticks.
You can quarter them and cut into smaller pieces if you prefer.
- 2: Melt 50 g butter in a large frying pan on high heat. When melted, add 50 g caster sugar.
Mix and leave the sugar to melt.
- 3: Add the apples, mix well to coat them in the butter-sugar mixture, then leave to cook just until they are still slightly firm, rather than soft.
- 4: Pour in 4 tablespoons Calvados (apple liqueur) and mix well.
- 5: Drain the apples, spread on a baking sheet and leave to cool.
- 6: Roll out 250 g Sweet pastry and line a 7 inch (18 cm) tart tin or ring.
Leave the pastry overhanging the edge and put to wait in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- 7: Meanwhile, prepare the tarte normande filling by whisking together 2 eggs, 10 g Vanilla sugar, 30 g caster sugar, 200 ml liquid cream, and 2 tablespoons Calvados (apple liqueur) in a bowl.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 8: Take the pastry case out of the fridge and trim off the excess (we only do this once the pastry is fully cold so it will shrink less later).
- 9: Bake the pastry case blind for about 15 minutes.
- 10: Take it out of the oven and fill with the apple sticks.
- 11: Pour the filling over.
- 12: Remove the tart ring if you are using one, then return the tart to the oven for about 20 minutes.
- 13: When the tart has cooled, finish with a dusting of icing sugar.
For an extra flavour boost, lightly caramelize the apples at stage 3
and flambé the Calvados at rstep=4.
September 27th 2021.