A recipe from cooking-ez.com
469K 12.0 October 13th 2010
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|39 min.||41 min.||1 hour 20 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat your oven to 392°F or 200°C.
Wash and brush 3 courgettes, trim off ends.
- 2: Cut courgette into fairly thin slices (if possible using a mandoline).
- 3: Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, then add 1 bayleaf, 1 sprig thyme and 1 sprig rosemary, 2 leaves sage and 2 cloves garlic en chemise.
Cook one minute.
- 4: Tip in courgette slices and stir well.
Do not salt, because this will draw out the courgette juices.
- 5: Cook for about 10 minutes, until slices are lightly browned.
salt and pepper, mix well, and cook another minute.
- 6: Remove and discard herbs and garlic, then pour courgettes into a strainer, and leave to drain.
- 7: Prepare gratin mixture by mixing 250 ml cream with 1100 g Comté cheese, salt and pepper.
- 8: Butter an oven-proof dish.
- 9: Put half the courgettes in the dish in an even layer.
Spread half the cheese-cream mixture over.
- 10: Add remaining courgettes in a second layer, and add the rest of the cheese-cream mixture.
- 11: Put in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes...
- 12: ... until top is golden brown.
If you don't have all the herbs specified for the recipe, it doesn't matter, just use what you have.
December 2nd 2021.