Curried prawn risotto
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|16 min.||43 min.||59 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel the prawns and cut into small pieces.
- 2: Melt 30 g butter in a frying pan, add the prawns and fry until lightly browned.
- 3: When fried, add 1 tablespoon curry powder and mix well. Leave to cook for a further minute and remove from the heat.
- 4: Prepare 50 g onion and chop finely.
Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on medium heat. When hot, add the onion, salt and pepper and cook for 1 or 2 minutes without colouring.
- 5: Tip in 2 glasses rice, stir for 2 or 3 minutes until the rice has "pearled", or become translucent.
- 6: Pour in 1 glass dry white wine and stir until the liquid has been completely absorbed.
- 7: Turn down the heat and add 4 glasses Vegetable stock gradually, stirring all the time.
- 8: The rice should be cooked but still quite moist.
- 9: Add 100 ml cream and mix well.
- 10: Add the spiced prawns...
- 11: ...then the grated 50 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) and your risotto is ready.
For a stronger curry flavour, you can add an extra tablespoon of curry powder between stage 5
If you don't have any vegetable stock, a chicken stock cube will work fine.
July 11th 2020.