Eggs with tomatoes and courgettes
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|14 min.||38 min.||52 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare and chop 1 onion.
Peel and chop 1 garlic clove.
- 2: Prepare 500 g courgette and slice thinly.
- 3: Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large pan on medium heat.
When hot, add the courgette rounds, salt and pepper, and mix well.
Cook until the couregettes are soft and melting, then set aside.
- 4: Remove the stalk and core from the top of 800 g tomato. Cut in half lengthways and scatter fine salt over.
- 5: Using the same pan as before, pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
When really hot, add the tomatoes and cook on both sides...
- 6: ...until they begin to reduce. At this point you can remove and discard the skins.
- 7: Still using the same pan on medium heat, pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
When really hot, add the chopped onions and garlic, salt and pepper, and mix well.
Cook for 2 or 3 minutes while stirring.
- 8: Tip the tomatoes and courgettes back into the pan, mix well, salt and pepper again, then checking the seasoning.
- 9: Make "holes" in the mixture to match the number of eggs you have and break an egg carefully into each one.
Turn down the heat and leave to cook until the egg whites are set.
Meanwhile, heat the plates.
- 10: Lightly salt and pepper the top of each egg. Serve one egg per person, surrounded by its "nest" of vegetables.
Feel free to modify the proportions of vegetables, quantities are given for guidance only.
July 11th 2020.