Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.
- 4 min.Remove the stalk and core from the top of 800 g tomato. Cut in half lengthways and scatter fine salt over.
- 12 min.Using the same pan as before, pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
When really hot, add the tomatoes and cook on both sides...
- ...until they begin to reduce. At this point you can remove and discard the skins.
- 3 min.Still using the same pan on medium heat, pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
When really hot, add the chopped onions and garlic, salt and pepper, and mix well.
Cook for 2 or 3 minutes while stirring.
- 5 min.Tip the tomatoes and courgettes back into the pan, mix well, salt and pepper again, then checking the seasoning.
- 8 min.Make "holes" in the mixture to match the number of eggs you have and break an egg carefully into each one.
Turn down the heat and leave to cook until the egg whites are set.
Meanwhile, heat the plates.
- Lightly salt and pepper the top of each egg. Serve one egg per person, surrounded by its "nest" of vegetables.
Remarks:Feel free to modify the proportions of vegetables, quantities are given for guidance only.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lebanese Tabbouleh, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., Moussaka, Four-tier glasses, Tomatoes Provençal, ... [All]
- Courgette: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine gratin, Crunchy spring salad, Little vegetable omelettes, Vegetable tartare, Green Piedmont Salad, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pancake batter, Stuffed cabbage leaves, Italian toast, Walnut short bread, Naan, ... [All]