Fine multi-tomato tart
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 tart, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|29 min.||30 min.||59 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Choose different varieties of tomatoes to give a variety of colours and flavours.
Reomove the tomato stalks.
- 2: Slice all the tomatoes thinly, using a mandolin if possible, as it is the ideal tool for this.
Sprinkle the slices with fine salt, then spread out on wire racks or in a strainer, and leave to drain for at least 30 minutes.
- 3: Roll out 200 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), lay on a baking sheet and prick all over with a pique-vite (pastry pricker).
Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
- 4: Use a brush to spread a thin coating of mustard over the pastry.
- 5: Spread the 150 g Tomato sauce for pizzas in an even layer over the mustard, leaving 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) bare around the edge.
- 6: Arrange the drained tomato slices over the whole of the tart.
- 7: Bake low in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Leave to cool slightly, then scatter with the fresh basil leaves and trickle the 2 tablespoons Herb olive oil over the tart.
This type of tart can easily be adapted for other kinds of seasonal vegetables: courgettes, aubergines, etc.
July 15th 2020.