Leek and fresh tuna tart
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 tart, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|40 min.||35 min.||1 hour 15 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare and chop 300 g leek.
- 2: Cut 250 g fresh tuna into chunks, then salt and pepper lightly.
- 3: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on high heat. When hot, add the tuna chunks.
Fry quickly, stirring frequently, until just starting to brown. They do not need to be cooked through.
- 4: Using the same pan, pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil, then the chopped leeks.
Cook very lightly, stirring from time to time.
Salt and pepper after removing from the heat.
- 5: Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Mix in a bowl with a whisk: 3 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 100 ml cream, salt and pepper.
- 6: Roll out the puff pastry and line the tart tin or mould. Prick all over the base with a fork.
- 7: Spread the leeks in an even layer.
- 8: Arrange the chunks of tuna on top.
- 9: Pour the cream and egg mixture around the tuna chunks.
- 10: Bake for around 25 minutes.
- 11: Serve warm or cold, with a green salad, for example.
One way you can make this tart even better is to marinate the chunks of tuna before cooking in a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice.
May 30th 2020.