A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 slices, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|21 min.||25 min.||46 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Slice the cooked 150 g Morteau sausage, then cut into small sticks.
- 2: Prepare 250 g onion and slice thinly. A mandolin is ideal for this.
- 3: Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the onion, salt and pepper, then turn down the heat and leave to caramelize gently, stirring frequently.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 4: Meanwhile, cut 6 slices bread.
- 5: Spread the 100 g Bechamel sauce on the slices.
- 6: Divide the caramelized onions between the slices.
- 7: Then the sausage sticks.
- 8: Finish with the grated 100 g Comté cheese.
- 9: Put in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the cheese on the top is nicely browned.
- 10: Serve piping hot.
For the bread, you might like to try using a rustic-style loaf, such as new leavened bread
or seeded loaf
August 18th 2019.