Mushroom buckwheat pancakes
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
40K4.4 March 4th 2015
For 4 pancakes, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|22 min.||23 min.||45 min.|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the mushroom filling
Peel and cut 250 g mushrooms into small pieces. Set aside.
- 2: Chop 1 shallot.
- 3: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
When really hot, add 2 slices ham, cut into pieces.
Fry until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 4: Using the same frying pan, pour in 4 tablespoons olive oil and add the chopped shalot.
Salt and pepper then cook for 1 or 2 minutes, without colouring.
- 5: Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook until they have given off all their liquid and have started to brown.
- 6: Add the juice of ½ lemon and mix well.
- 7: Add the fried ham and mix again.
- 8: Add 4 tablespoons cream, if you wish, to bind the ingredients, but this is not essential.
- 9: If you have added cream, leave to reduce by 3/4.
Make the pancakes
Use a large flat "crêpe" pan (or an Indian tava or griddle) and when hot, melt a knob of butter.
Place a pancake on the pan and spread a little of the mushroom filling in the centre.
- 11: Fold in 4 "flaps" over the filling to seal the pancake...
- 12: ...and turn it over to cook on the other side for 1 minute.
- 13: Serve immediately.
Prepare all the pancakes like this.
You can use slices of bacon, smoked if you prefer, instead of the ham.
September 20th 2021.