Provençal braised carrots
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|34 min.||40 min.||1 hour 14 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Prepare 1 kg 500 g carrots.
- 2: Cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) chunks.
- 3: Put the carrot pieces into a bowl and add 4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence, salt and pepper.
- 4: Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Add add 1 bayleaf and 1 sprig rosemary.
- 5: Take the dish over to near the oven, then add vegetable stock to the level of the carrots.
- 6: Cook for about 40 minutes, until the carrots are meltingly soft.
If, towards the end of cooking, the carrots are not yet soft and the liquid has dried up, add more stock and return to the oven for a while longer.
- 7: Prepare the couscous using the instructions on the packet.
- 8: Serve the carrots on a bed of couscous.
Mixing carrots of different colours makes the dish prettier, but does not affect the flavour, so is not essential.
You can use a poultry stock instead of the vegetable stock, which will give the carrots a more marked flavour.
January 24th 2021.