A recipe from cooking-ez.com
84K4.6 September 29th 2013
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 8 min.||44 min.||1 hour 52 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 1 kg tomato.
- 2: Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large pan on medium heat and add 1 bayleaf, thyme, 2 cloves garlic and 2 sheets sage.
Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3: Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Turn down the heat and cover. Leave to cook like this for 1 hour while you prepare the other vegetables.
- 4: Peel the aubergines and dice them.
- 5: Pour 3 tablespoonsful of oil into a frying pan on medium heat and add the diced aubergine, salt and pepper. Cook until they are lightly browned.
- 6: Peel the peppers and dice them (using different colours makes the dish look attractive).
- 7: Using the same frying pan on medium heat, pour in 3 tablespoonsful of olive oil and add the diced peppers, salt and pepper.
Cook until tender.
- 8: Wash the courgettes, cut in half lengthways then slice.
- 9: Using the same frying pan on medium heat, pour in 3 tablespoonsful of olive oil and add the courgettes, salt and pepper.
Cook until tender.
- 10: Prepare the onion and slice thinly.
- 11: Using the same frying pan on medium heat, pour in 3 tablespoonsful of olive oil and add the onion, salt and pepper.
Cook until lightly caramelized.
- 12: Take the lid off the pan of tomatoes, remove and discard the herbs and garlic and leave some of the liquid to boil off.
- 13: Then add all the vegetables and a few thyme leaves. Mix well.
Heat everything through together for a few minutes.
Your ratatouille is ready.
The proportions given are only for guidance, so you can adapt them to suit your own taste.
Ratatouille can be served hot or cold, either on its own or with rice, for example.
September 26th 2021.