Rillettes stuffed mushrooms
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
28K4.4 May 10th 2023
For 8 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|22 min.||36 min.||58 min.|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the radish pickleRinse 3 radishes and dice very small (known as a brunoise).
- 2: Put the diced radishes in a ramekin, add 4 tablespoons vinegar, salt, pepper and the roughly chopped leaves of 1 sprig tarragon.
This condiment can easily be made the day before and left in the fridge until needed, covered with plastic film.
Prepare themushroomsPrepare200 g mushrooms, choose large ones, and break off the stems (use them in another recipe).
Preheat your oven to 200°C (390°F).
- 4: Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a non-stick frying pan on high heat. When hot, add the mushroom caps.
Sauté until just browned on both sides, then salt lightly at the end of cooking.
- 5: Transfer the sautéed mushrooms to an ovenproof dish.
- 6: Prepare 150 g onion, chop finely, then fry in 50 g butter.
- 7: Salt and add the chopped parsley at the end of cooking.
- 8: Divide the fried onions between the mushroom caps.
- 9: Fill with a generous tablespoonful of rillettes.
- 10: Bake for about 20 minutes, until the rillettes start to brown.
- 11: Serve while still hot with a little of the radish pickle on each mushroom.
You can serve these on their own or, as shown here, with cubes of fried polenta.
If you don't have the time or inclination to make your own radish pickle, you can use pickled gherkins
diced small instead.
December 8th 2023.