Spinach and Comté Loaf
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
91K3.9 April 17th 2016
For 1 loaf, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|23 min.||50 min.||1 hour 13 min.|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the cake mixture
Put into a food-processor bowl: 4 eggs, 150 g flour, 30 g butter, 10 g baking powder, 100 ml olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2: Mix on slow speed until the batter is smooth.
Set aside in the fridge.
Prepare the fillings
Peel and finely chop 2 shallots.
- 4: Melt 30 g butter in a large frying pan, then add the shallots, salt and pepper.
Cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 5: Add 100 g cooked spinach and cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes to wilt and slightly "dry off" the spinach.
- 6: Dice 100 g Comté cheese quite small.
Make the loaf
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Mix the spinach (when cold) and diced cheese into the batter.
- 8: Pour into a loaf tin or mould...
- 9: ...and bake for about 45 minutes.
Check if the loaf is cooked after 30-35 minutes.
If you do not have any Comté, you can use another kind of cheese (Gruyère, Beaufort, etc.), or even opt for a quite different character by using goat's cheese.
December 8th 2023.