Spinach on toast with bechamel
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 toasts, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|14 min.||19 min.||33 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Start by preparing the bread: remove the crusts, if you prefer, from 4 slices bread, then butter lightly on both sides.
- 2: In a very hot frying pan, fry the bread on both sides...
- 3: ...then place on a baking sheet.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 4: Pour 30 g butter into a frying pan on medium heat. When hot, add 1 shallot, finely chopped.
Salt and pepper, cook for one minute, then turn down the heat and add 350 g cooked spinach.
Heat through while stirring.
- 5: Divide the spinach between the toast slices.
- 6: Cover with slices of hard-boiled egg...
- 7: ...then top with bechamel sauce and, finally, the grated cheese.
- 8: Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the top begins to brown.
Serve piping hot.
For a sharper flavour, trickle a few drops of vinaigrette over the top after cooking.
October 29th 2020.