Artichoke hearts forestier
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
253K4.1 May 10th 2023
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|50 min.||57 min.||1 hour 47 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 6 Poached eggs, reserve them.
- 2: Prepare 6 artichokes heart.
If you are using fresh artichokes, cook them and remove the leaves (eat these with a vinaigrette) and the choke (the fuzzy bits).
If tinned, drain them.
- 3: Put 125 g small pieces of bacon in a frying pan without fat and fry lightly.
At the last minute add 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- 4: Roughly chop ½ onion.
Melt 20 g butter in a small pan, then add the onion, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, without allowing it to colour.
- 5: Add the 300 ml dry white wine, and reduce by 4/5 over a low heat.
- 6: Pour the contents of the pan through a fine strainer. Keep just the reduced liquid and return this to the pan.
- 7: Put the pan back on low heat and reduce until only 1 or 2 tablespoonsful of liquid remain.
Pour in 250 ml liquid cream, salt and pepper, then leave on low heat to thicken. When it reaches the required consistency, remove from the heat and check seasoning.
- 8: Warm the serving plates.
Reheat the eggs in a bain marie, or in the microwave in 2 tablespoons of salted water, on minimum power for 1 minute 30 seconds.
Reheat the duxelle of mushrooms, bacon, and artichoke hearts.
Place all the serving plates in front of you; from here on you must work as fast as possible.
In the centre of each plate, place an artichoke heart, and put a layer of bacon on it.
- 9: Add a layer of mushrooms, and place a poached egg on top.
Arrange any left over bacon and mushrooms around the artichoke hearts, then coat generously with sauce.
Finish with a parsley leaf on the top, and serve without delay.
This is a good recipe for when you are entertaining, as everything up to and including stage 6
(reducing the wine and onion) can be prepared in advance, even the day before, and put together at the last minute when your guests are around the table.
December 8th 2023.