A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|43 min.||19 min.||1 hour 2 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the finely sliced 250 g belly (streaky) bacon (allow one rasher per person).
- 2: When nicely browned, transfer onto a chopping board and cut each rasher in half.
- 3: Prepare 4 Poached eggs and keep hot.
- 4: Melt 300 g cancoillotte in a small saucepan on low heat and add 100 g cream.
Mix well, pepper lightly, then check the seasoning.Cover and keep hot.
- 5: Slice 200 g Nanterre brioche (one slice per person) and lightly butter both sides of all the slices.
- 6: Use the same pan as for the bacon, without washing it, to brown the brioche slices on both sides.
Assemble the eggs Arsène
Heat the plates.
Put a slice of fried brioche on each plate.
- 8: Arrange 2 pieces of fried bacon on each slice.
- 9: Top with a poached egg.
- 10: Finish by pouring over a generous helping of the cancoillote with cream.
- 11: Serve immediately like this, or split the egg open to show off the runny yolk.
Ideally the brioche for this recipe should be barely sweet, made with a brioche dough
using only half the normal amount of sugar. This is a good way to use up the ends from a sausage brioche
December 1st 2020.