Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|17 min.||32 min.||49 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 200 g Morteau sausage into small dice (if you do not have any, use another kind of sausage, but preferably smoked).
Chop 50 g onion.
Chop 2 cloves garlic finely.
- 2: Peel and rinse 350 g potatoes and chop into fairly large dice.
- 3: Prepare 100 g fresh spinach, but leave raw - there is no need to blanch.
- 4: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on medium heat.
When hot, tip in the diced sausage and fry briefly.
- 5: Add the onion and garlic, salt and pepper, then stir to mix well. Cook without colouring for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 6: Add 1 litre 500 ml Vegetable stock. If you do not have any, add the same volume of water plus a stock cube, and potatoes.
Bring to the boil.
- 7: Turn the heat down and leave to simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
- 8: Add 250 ml liquid cream and bring back to the boil.
Check the seasoning.
- 9: Add the spinach and stir for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 10: Your soup is ready.
This is a very flexible recipe, so do adapt the proportions to suit yourself (a bit more of this, a bit less of that...).
February 19th 2020.