Little vegetable omelettes
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 15 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|43 min.||27 min.||1 hour 10 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 1 courgette, cut into very small dice.
- 2: Peel 1 tomato, remove seeds and cut this too into very small dice.
- 3: Into a pan over a medium heat pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil and when hot, add garlic clove, sprigs of tarragon, rosemary and bayleaf.
Cook for one minute while stirring.
- 4: Add diced courgette, and mix well.
Lightly salt (2 pinches).
- 5: Cook until done, but still slightly crunchy.
- 6: Into a pan over a medium heat, pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil, or better still olive oil with herbs.
When oil is hot (lightly smoking), add the diced tomato, salt and pepper and mix well.
Cook for 2 minutes.
- 7: Remove (and discard) tarragon, garlic, bayleaf and rosemary from the courgettes, then add tomatoes.
- 8: Salt and pepper then cook together for one minute, stiring continuously.
Remove from heat and seta aside.
- 9: Put the tomato frying pan back on the heat, without cleaning it. When hot, put in the smoked ham slices, 20 seconds on each side.
- 10: Remove from the frying pan, and cut into medium size pieces (about half an inch or 1 cm).
- 11: Beat the 2 eggs with salt and pepper.
- 12: Add the tomatoes and courgettes, mix well.
Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- 13: Into small moulds (preferably silicone ones, easy to unmould), put some smoked ham and then pour in the egg-tomato-courgette mix to about 2/3 of the way up.
Be careful, omelettes inflate when cooking and so can overflow.
- 14: Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- 15: Be careful towards the end of the cooking time, it's important that omelettes are not overcooked, and stay soft.
You can eat them hot, warm or cold.
October 30th 2020.