Potimarron and leek soup
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|38 min.||29 min.||1 hour 7 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 800 g potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) and cut into medium-sized chunks.
- 2: Prepare 400 g leeks and chop finely.
- 3: Prepare 50 g onion and chop finely.
- 4: Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on high heat. When good and hot, add the chopped onion, salt and pepper.
Cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 5: Add the pumpkin and leeks to the pan, salt and pepper again, then mix well.
Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6: Pour in 1 litre whole milk (1 pint 3/4) and mix well.
- 7: Leave to simmer on low heat until the pumpkin is soft.
- 8: Blend thoroughly until the soup is completely smooth.
- 9: Check the seasoning before serving.
You can use another type of pumpkin or squash instead.
February 16th 2019.