Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 15 min.Prepare 400 g leeks and chop finely.
- 4 min.
- 1 min.
- 3 min.Add the pumpkin and leeks to the pan, salt and pepper again, then mix well.
Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 1 min.Pour in 1 litre whole milk (1 pint 3/4) and mix well.
- 25 min.Leave to simmer on low heat until the pumpkin is soft.
- 3 min.Blend thoroughly until the soup is completely smooth.
- Check the seasoning before serving.
Remarks:You can use another type of pumpkin or squash instead.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin Dauphinois, Real custard sauce (crème anglaise), Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, Cannelés, ... [All]
- Japanese chestnut pumpkin (Potimarron): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Taos hotpot, Potimarron braised in meat jus, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Triple-Cheese Pumpkin Gratin, ... [All]
- Leek: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Flamiche, Langoustine and leek tarts, Leek and potato soup, Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, ... [All]