Ramekins of duchess potatoes
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 8 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|55 min.||1 hour 10 min.||2 hours 5 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel and wash 1 kg potatoes.
- 2: Cook in salted boiling water until soft.
- 3: Put in a blender or a vegetable mill...
- 4: ...until you have a classic mashed potato.
- 5: Divide mashed potato in two, salt and pepper the first half, then over a low heat add 100 g butter and 125 g cream while stirring constantly.
- 6: Make the duchess potatoes: salt and pepper the other half of the mashed potato, add 3 egg yolks and 3 egg yolks.
- 7: Whip until nicely smooth and yellow.
- 8: Cook 125 g small pieces of bacon in a frying pan without fat, until they are cooked but not browned.
- 9: Preheat your oven to 180°C or 356°F.
Start assembling the ramekins: butter the bottom, and put in a layer of mashed potao about 1 cm or 0.5 inch deep.
- 10: Add a layer of cooked leek.
- 11: Add some bacon.
- 12: And finish with a layer of duchess potatoes, if possible by using a forcing bag (it's prettier).
- 13: Cook in the oven until duchess potatoes are golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- 14: Serve hot.
If you don't have a forcing bag, spread the duchess potatoes on top of ramekin, and shape with a fork.
July 3rd 2020.