Salmon and spinach quiche
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
377K 14.1 February 21th 2011
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|36 min.||40 min.||1 hour 16 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare the mixture for quiche: Beat together with a whisk 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks, 400 ml cream, salt and pepper until blended.
Prepare spinach (de-stalked - if tough, and blanched).
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- 2: Roll out dough, and line the tin.
- 3: Place half the smoked salmon slices in the bottom.
- 4: Snip basil roughly.
- 5: Distribute half the spinach and all ofthe basil over the salmon.
- 6: Pour over 1/3 of the quiche mixture.
- 7: Add rest of salmon slices...
- 8: ...the remaining spinach...
- 9: ...and finally pour over the remaining mixture...
- 10: .. to ½ centimetre from the top of the tin, then spread grated cheese over the surface.
- 11: Put in the oven, on a low shelf to cook the base of the quiche well, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 12: Serve warm or cold.
You can add a little grated nutmeg to the mixture if you like, and replace the shortcrust dough by puff pastry for a more sophisticated dish.
September 24th 2021.