Mini apricot and pistachio brioches
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 24 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|8 min.||10 min.||18 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 250 g dried apricots into medium-sized chunks.
- 2: Dry roast 200 g pistachios for 10 minutes in the oven at 300°F (150°C).
- 3: Tip 100 g Pistachio powder or paste into 1 kg Brioche dough and knead until thoroughly mixed.
- 4: Add the apricots and pistachios.
- 5: Knead for a few more minutes to mix well.
Cover the dough with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
- 6: Next day, tip the dough onto a floured worktop and weigh the dough out into 50 g lumps.
- 7: Roll the lumps of dough into balls, arrange on a baking sheet, cover with a plastic sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 8: After this time, remove the dough from the fridge and reshape the balls, then put them into small brioche moulds or tins.
- 9: Glaze the tops of the brioches.
- 10: Leave the brioches in a warm place for 2 hours to rise.
- 11: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Glaze the tops of the brioches again before putting in the oven.
- 12: Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
If these brioches are for adults, you can soak the cut apricots in a little rum or brandy.
June 26th 2019.