Parcels of fish fillet in spinach
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|2 hours 19 min.||4 min.||2 hours 23 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare spinach, as indicated here, keeping the leaves as large as possible.
- 2: Cut 4 fillets fish in pieces of about 1.5 cm or ½ inch square.
It's easier to use rather thin fish fillets, instead of thick like whiting or cod.
- 3: With a brush, coat each piece with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 4: Sprinkle each piece with lemon juice .
- 5: Turn pieces over, and do the same on the other side.
- 6: Put a spinach leaf in front of you, and put a fish piece in the middle.
- 7: Fold the leaf around the fish to wrap it.
- 8: Turn the parcel over, and put aside on a plate.
- 9: If the fish piece is a bit long, you can also roll it up in the leaf.
- 10: Then fold in the edges.
- 11: Continue in this way with all the fish pieces.
These can be made beforehand, even the day before, but the parcels should be kept refrigerated, under plastic film.
- 12: Prepare the sauce of your choice.
Heat serving plates.
Melt the knob of butter in a frying pan, then put in the parcels, with the top side downwards in the butter. Cook like that for 2 minutes, covered, then for two further minutes on the other side, uncovered.
- 13: Divide the parcels between the serving plates, add sauce and serve immediately.
The only real difficulty in this recipe is to get enough big spinach leaves to roll up the fish pieces. Get the biggest you can when buying them.
For a diet recipe, serve the parcels just sprinkled with a little lemon juice, or a dash of olive oil. No beurre blanc...
December 6th 2019.