Fried cheese toasties with avocado
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
18K4 January 20th 2021
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|21 min.||7 min.||28 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Grate 80 g Mimolette and 80 g Comté cheese, mix together and set aside.
- 2: Prepare 1 avocado and slice thinly.
- 3: Cut 8 slices bread.
- 4: Melt 50 g butter and brush over one side of each slice.
Turn the bread over.
- 5: Fill half the slices with the grated cheese mix.
- 6: Put the other slices on top, butter side up.
Note that these sandwiches are made with the butter on the outside.
- 7: In a frying pan, fry the sandwiches on both sides over moderate heat.
- 8: Put a cheese toastie on each plate, top with sliced avocado, then salt and pepper, and drizzle with a little olive oil and lime juice.
Serve right away.
For the bread, choose a rustic sourdough if possible; seeded and granary-style are good.
This works with other cheeses, so use whatever you have to hand.
September 27th 2023.