Chinese style chicken
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 10 min.||28 min.||1 hour 38 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel and chop 1 shallot.
Peel 1 garlic clove, remove shoot, then chop small.
- 2: Wash 1 leek, and slice thinly.
- 3: Peel 2 carrots and 2 turnips, wash, dry and cut into small pieces.
- 4: Shell 100 g peas; or if using frozen ones, remove from freezer.
- 5: Cut 2 chicken breasts into medium sized pieces.
- 6: Pick 1 bunch coriander leaves off their stalks.
Dry 150 g beansprouts.
- 7: Put about 3 or 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
When very hot add the garlic and shallot, add salt and pepper. Cook while stirring for a minute or two.
- 8: Add carrots and turnips, stir well and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 9: Meanwhile, put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small frying pan, then add 50 g whole almonds.
- 10: Cook about 5 minutes, until the almonds are golden brown. Set aside.
- 11: Add to leek to carrots and turnips, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
Add peas and beansprouts, salt and pepper, juice of ½ lime, mix well and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 12: Meanwhile, put 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan on high heat. When it's hot add the chicken pieces and cook until they are well browned. Do not salt.
- 13: Then add soy sauce, and cook while stirring frequently to turn the chicken in the soy sauce.
- 14: Add the cooked almonds to the vegetables, add the chicken pieces, and mix well.
- 15: At the last minute, with scissors, cut the coriander over the pan, mix well and serve.
If you don't have coriander
, you can use parsley
but only as a solution of last resort. Try to use fresh coriander, it is very important for the taste of this recipe.
March 23th 2019.