Crispy rolls with chicken and leek
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 10 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|28 min.||21 min.||49 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel, wash and chop finely 2 leeks.
Peel, wash and chop finely 1 shallot.
- 2: Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a pan on medium heat, add shallot, salt, pepper, and cook for one minute.
- 3: Add leeks, mix well and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes, until leeks are just cooked, checking that leeks don't catch on bottom of pan.
Meanwhile, cut chicken (use leftovers) into very small pieces.
- 4: As soon as leeks are cooked, add chicken pieces, 100 ml cream and grated a little Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) (to taste), mix well and leave to thicken a few minutes, uncovered.
- 5: Remove from heat, allow to cool, and add chopped parsley.
- 6: Spread out in front of you two sheets of filo, one on top of the other...
Note: you can apply some melted butter with a brush between the two sheets to make them stick, it'll be easier to roll up.
- 7: ...put about a tablespoon of chicken-leeks mixture in the middle of one edge of filo sheets...
- 8: ... roll filo around the mix over about ¼ length to start a roll...
- 9: ...fold sides over centre...
- 10: ...and finish rolling up.
Continue like this with all the mix, or all the sheets.
- 11: Preheat your oven to 392°F (200°C).
Put rolls on a baking sheet, apply melted butter with a brush. Make sure that end of the filo sheet makes a good joint to get a neat and pretty roll.
- 12: You can sprinkle some sesame (or other) seeds on rolls.
- 13: Put in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes...
- 14: ...until rolls are nicely browned.
Serve with a green salad if possible.
The rolls are unsuitable for freezing because filo pastry breaks into fragments when frozen. You would do better to freeze chicken-leek mixture, then thaw it and make rolls just before cooking.
February 20th 2020.