A recipe from cooking-ez.com
144K3.6 September 10th 2018
For 8 pasties, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|42 min.||32 min.||1 hour 14 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: We'll start by making the filling for the pasties:
Peel 2 onions and chop finely.
Peel 1 garlic clove and chop finely.
- 2: Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large pan on medium heat. When hot, add the onion and garlic, salt and pepper, then cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3: Add 250 g minced beef...
- 4: ...and cook, stirring regularly, until the meat is cooked.
Add the chopped parsley and check the seasoning.
- 5: Tip into a bowl, leave to cool, then add 1 egg and mix well.
Your filling is ready.
- 6: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Now to make the pasties:
Roll out 350 g Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), then cut circles 10-12 cm (4-5 inches) in diameter, using an upturned bowl (for example) as a guide.
- 7: Moisten around the edge of the pastry with a brush dipped in water.
- 8: Place the filling on one half of the circle, not too close to the edge...
- 9: ...then fold the circle over in half and press all along the edge to seal.
- 10: Use up all the pastry like this.
- 11: It is traditional for the edge of the pasties to be "marked". Use your finger to create an even pattern along the seam.
Of course, this is not essential, just prettier.
- 12: Glaze the pasties.
- 13: Bake for about 20 minutes until nicely browned.
- 14: Serve 2 pasties per person with a good green salad and french dressing (vinaigrette).
You can also fry the pasties, but this method of cooking makes them higher in fat.
September 25th 2021.