A recipe from cooking-ez.com
68K3.8 November 16th 2014
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|19 min.||1 hour||1 hour 19 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Rinse the tomatoes and cut out the hard bit around the stalk, then cut into chunks.
If you have the time, you can also peel them.
- 2: Peel 1 carrot and dice small.
Finely chop 1 onion.
Peel 2 cloves garlic.
Rinse 1 bayleaf, 1 sprig thyme and 1 sprig rosemary.
- 3: Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on medium heat.
When hot, add the onions, carrot, herbs and garlic.
Salt and pepper, then cook for 2 minutes without colouring.
- 4: Add 500 g minced beef...
- 5: ---and cook, stirring frequently (break up any large lumps).
- 6: Then add the tomatoes and stir well.
Leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- 7: Add 500 ml red wine, 200 ml water, 1 beef stock cube and stir well.
Turn the heat down to low.
- 8: Leave to cook uncovered until the sauce is reduced by 3/4.
Remove and discard the bayleaf, thyme and rosemary.
- 9: Cook the spaghetti...
- 10: ...mix with the sauce and serve immediately.
If fresh tomatoes are not in season
, use whole tinned ones.
September 23th 2021.