Verrine of avocado mousse and crab
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel 2 avocados, then cut the flesh into large dice and put into a high-sided bowl.
Pour in the juice of ½ lime, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 5 drops Tabasco, salt, pepper and 1 pinch vitamin C (optional).
- 2: Blend all of this together.
- 3: For a smoother mousse, you can pass this purée through a sieve, but this is not essential.
- 4: Salt and pepper 2 egg whites then beat to stiff peak stage.
- 5: Incorporate the beaten whites into the avocado purée...
- 6: ...folding them in gently with a maryse, tilting the bowl on its side, so as not to beat the air out of the whites, but produce a mousse.
- 7: In a bowl mix: 150 g crab meat, 2 tablespoons Rémoulade dressing, and finely chopped chives.
- 8: Divide the crab meat between the verrines.
- 9: Add the avocado mousse on top.
- 10: It's ready.
The crab meat can be replaced with diced prawns, for example.
February 27th 2020.