1,031 easy and fully explained recipes, with 11,336 photos and 77 videos

Cooking utensils: "Tart rings, moulds or tins"

Tart rings, moulds or tins

For cooking tarts and tartlets, you can use classic moulds or tins (left photo), or rings (right photo) which are moulds with no base that are placed on a non-stick baking sheet for cooking. This is what pastry chefs use, because with no base, tart cook faster and more evenly, and it's easier to remove them from the ring.

If you intend to buy:

Use tins (better heat diffusion), preferably non-stick (easier to turn out). Rings should be stainless steel.
Tart rings, moulds or tins
Tart rings, moulds or tins
1,910,580 1063.6/5 for 211 ratings
Grade this page:

Last modified on: August 6th 2019

Recipes which use this utensil: 10, of which:

100 latest comments posted

Post your comment or question

You are welcome, if you wish, to comment on this page: why you like it or not, what you have changed, what results it gave, point out a mistake or omission, etc. You can also ask a question. I answer all questions (in a broken English, sorry) unless someone else does it before me.
Please feel free to say what you think, I'm always very interested in your opinion. Your comment will appear on line with the page, so please write in standard readable English, not SIM or only in CAPITALS, otherwise your comment may be rejected.

Please look at advice for submitting a comment or image (what you should or should not do). By the way, don't type your e-mail address in the comment, otherwise you might be spammed.

I am not a leaving thing

Back to top of page