List of recipes: World recipes 72 recipes
A short selection of recipes from this list
Pan con tomate
Algerian brik rolls
Instant search in those recipes
- 1 Flaked almond tart: Tart made with toasted flaked almonds and a sweet, creamy filling with a hint of alcohol.
- 2 Key Lime Pie for Jeremy: Lime tart with shortcrust case and whipped cream (Chantilly).
- 3 Linzer torte: Tart filled with cinnamon-flavoured raspberry jam.
- 1 Brownie: Traditional American chocolate cake with pecan nuts.
- 2 Cookies: Traditional american recipe.
- 3 Cranachan: Whipped cream, raspberies, whisky and oat nougatine.
- 4 Doughnuts: North American ring doughnuts.
- 5 Panettone: Italian brioche-style sweet loaf with dried and candied fruit.
- 6 Santiago Cake: Almond and lemon cake without butter or flour.
- 1 Amaretti: Small dry Italian meringues with almonds.
- 2 Dublin fruit scones: Irish small bread to enjoy with tea.
- 3 Little lemon biscuits: Italian biscuits with lemon zest.
Creams and foams
- 1 Tzatziki: Cucumber with yoghurt, herbs and feta.
- 1 Pesto: Basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil.
Amuses-bouches (small appetisers)
- 1 Bread with Tomato : Bread rubbed with tomato, with a trickle of olive oil.
- 2 Mixed seed grissini: Litlle crusty bread sticks.
- 3 Pan con tomate: Toasted bread rubbed with tomato.
- 1 Caesar salad: Lettuce, croutons and Caesar dressing..
- 2 Coleslaw: Cabbage and carrot salad with mayonnaise.
- 3 Hot tomato sauce: Tomatoes, red onion, garlic and Tabasco.
- 4 Piedmont salad: Salad of potatoes, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise.
- 1 Chinese Soup: Tasty soup with vegetables, chicken, mushrooms and peanuts.
- 2 Chorba: Spicy meat and vegetable soup.
- 3 Minestrone: Italian mixed vegetable soup.
- 1 African style chicken: Smoked chicken with beans and tomato-coconut sauce.
- 2 Chicken nems: Small crispy rolls with vegetables and chicken.
- 3 Chinese style chicken: Chicken dices, small vegetables and soya sauce
- 4 Thai-style Chicken with Cashew Nuts: Diced chicken, cashew nuts, garlic and oniom, Thai sauce.
- 1 Home-made doner kebab: Meat grilled on a skewer.
- 2 Sautéed Pork with Peanuts: Blanched vegetables, pan-fried pork and dry-roasted peanuts.
- 3 Taos hotpot: Mix of vegetables and meats, cooked long and slow, served with polenta.
- 4 Wiener Schnitzel: Thin breaded veal cutlet.
- 1 Mexican ceviche: Avocado, tomatoes and fish cured in lime juice.
- 2 Tahitian style fish: Fish cured in lime juice.
- 1 Crab Cakes: Shallow-fried chunky crab cake.
- 2 Potatoes with prawns: Baked potatoes and prawns with a cream and white wine sauce.
- 3 Vietnamese prawns: Fried prawns in a spicy herb sauce.
Pasta and rice
- 1 Bolognaise lasagne: Layers of pasta, meat in tomato sauce, béchamel sauce, topped with cheese.
- 2 New York style pasta: Pasta, bacon, peas, cream sauce and nutmeg.
- 3 Pea risotto "mantecare": Creamy risotto with mascarpone, Parmesan and peas.
- 4 Spaghetti Bolognese: Pasta with slow-simmered sauce of fresh tomatoes, meat, red wine and herbs.
- 1 Enchiladas: Tortillas filled and rolled up, then oven baked.
- 2 Moussaka: A kind of gratin made with aubergines, meat with tomatos and bechamel.
- 3 Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole): Oven-baked potato cakes.
- 1 Colcannon: Mashed potato with cabbage and chives, served with baked sausages.
- 2 Guacamole: A classic of Mexican cooking
- 3 Houmous: A little lebanese cooking.
- 1 Burger buns: For real homemade hamburgers
- 2 Cretan Bread: Soft bread with olives, feta, onion and preserved tomatoes.
- 3 Naan: Indian bread.
- 4 Pitta bread: Lebanese bread.
- 1 Algerian brik rolls: Brik pastry roll filled with fried spiced minced beef.
- 2 Couscous: Simplified couscous recipe.
- 3 Eton mess: Meringue, strawberries and cream: an English dessert,.
- 4 Liège waffles: Round and crusty.
- 5 Paella: Traditional rice-based dish with meat and shellfish.
- 6 Papadums: Thin Indian wafers with cumin.
- 7 Potato tortilla (Spanish omelette): Spanish omelette.
- 8 Röstis: A personal version of a typically swiss recipe.
- 9 Spinach fritters: Chickpea flour and spinach fritters, herb dressing.
- 10 Sushi: The best known dish of Japanese cuisine.
Terrines and pate
- 1 Koulibiak in pie dish: Sophisticated pie with salmon, rice and mushrooms.
Eggs and omelettes
- 1 Eggs Benedict : Soft-boiled egg on toast with grilled ham and Hollandaise sauce.
Beef and veel
- 1 Carbonnade: Slow-cooked meat with beer, carrots and onions.
- 2 Express chilli con carne: Express version of a classic Tex-Mex dish.
- 3 Hamburgers: Nothing like the fast-food ones.
- 4 Roast beef "like they do it in Santa Fe": Spicy slow-cooked beef.
- 5 Saltimbocca: Meat rolls made with veal, ham and sage.
- 1 New tiramisu: Creamier version of a classic.
- 2 Pavlova: Meringue shell filled with whipped cream and diced fruit.
- 3 Tiramisu: Delicious italian dessert.
- 1 Apple Strudel: Rolled puff pastry with apples, almonds and dry grapes.
Back to top of page
Back to top of page