Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Put 250 g butter cut in pieces in a pan on medium heat, allow to melt then wait until it begin to boils.
- 1 min.Skim off the foam which forms on the surface with a tablespoon.
- 2 hoursPour the content of the pan in a bowl.
Let cool, then put in the fridge for 2 hours at least.
- 1 min.Press firmly on the butter to unmould.
- 1 min.You can see that butter impurity are white, and separate from the butter who is yellow.
- 1 min.Rinse butter under cold water to remove last impurity.
- You should get a clean yellow block of clarified butter.
You can use it from now, but it's more convenient to make it melt again.
- 4 min.Break the block in pieces, and make melt on slow fire.
- 1 min.Then pour in a jar.
- Let cool and put in the fridge.
It's done. You can seal the jar, and keep in the fridge for several weeks with no problem and just use what you need when you need.