Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
Prepare the vegetables to accompany the roastPeel then rinse 400 g turnips.
If necessary, cut the turnips into medium-sized chunks.
- 10 min.Prepare 6 purples artichokes and cut in half lengthways.
- 2 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then blanch the turnips for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 2 min.Remove the turnips from the pan, drain, then cool under the cold tap.
- 3 min.Using the same pan of boiling water, blanch the artichokes for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 2 min.Drain them.
Your vegetables are ready - these can be prepared in advance, even a few days ahead.
- 1 min.
Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
Salt and pepper the joint of pork - this is a nice piece of tenderloin.
- 3 min.
- 3 hoursCook in the oven for 3 or 4 hours at 300°F (150°C).After this time, the roast should have a good crusty top, be meltingly soft ("confit") inside...
- ...and have produced delicious meat juices which are far too good to throw away.
- 3 min.
Braise the vegetablesMelt 30 g butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
When really hot, add the vegetables, salt and pepper, then mix well.
Cook for 2 or 3 minutes until just starting to colour.
- 10 min.Add the meat juices and turn the heat down to its lowest.
Leave uncovered to braise gently for 10 minutes.
- 2 min.Meanwhile, slice the meat thickly with a serrrated knife.
- 5 min.Lay the slices of meat on top of the vegetables towards the end of cooking, cover and leave for 5 minutes for the meat to heat through.
Heat the plates.
- 3 min.Sit the meat on a bed of braised vegetables and pour a little of the cooking juices over.